Friday March 17th, 2017
1. The Food Network’s Alton Brown brings his love of cooking and science to the Hollywood PantagesMarch 17 and 18. The show is part comedy, food demo, musical and like his show Good Eats crazy experiments are bound to dazzle as Alton teaches the audience about the science of food. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. Hollywood’s legendary Pig’n Whistle is hosting a St. Patty’s Day Beer Fest on March 17 and 18. Discount tickets for admission are available via Goldstar while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. Casey’s St. Patrick’s Day Street Festival comes to Downtown Los Angeles on March 17 for the ultimate celebration of the greenest day of the year.
4. Home of the Irish Coffee, Tom Bergin’s Public House, open since 1936, will throw another of their famous parking lot parties all day and all of the night on St. Patrick’s Day. You can dine on an Irish breakfast, sip their famous Irish Coffee, get a tall one from the Guinness truck, play beer pong, imbibe Irish-inspired cocktails, visit the four satellite bars, listen to the DJ spin, and a whole lot more at this historic pub.
5. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at V Lounge in Santa Monica March 17 and 18. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. Honor St. Patty’s Day at the Kiss Me, I’m Irish: Santa Monica Bar Crawl the ultimate beach city bar hop.
7. Every Friday in March Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classesfeaturing seasonal and themed drinks. This week’s theme is Green Cocktails to celebrate St. Patricks Day.
8. Tam O’Shanter, one of the oldest restaurants in Los Angeles, will be home to an epic St. Patrick’s Day party. It begins at noon in a special tent area in the parking lot. The music will then fire up at 12:30pm, and the party will go well into the night. Come get your fill of green beer, pub food, and rockin’ music.
10. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at Angel City Brewery starting at noon.There will be corned beef tacos from Downtown Taco Co. and green ice cream and churros from Ridges Churro Bar. Live music starts at 6 p.m. and the party spans Friday and Saturday. No cover.
11. Thrones!, a hilarious musical parody of Game of Thrones is playing at The Hudson Theatre in Hollywood all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
12. The Great Horror Movie Nights at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park will screen a St. Patricks Day cult favorite Leprechaun. The event will feature plenty of pre-show entertainment including games, prizes, and roaming scare-actors. Discount tickets are available via Goldstar while supplies last. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
13. PaleyFest L.A. is back March 17 through 26 with ten-days of panels bringing together actors, producers and directors of some of the most popular shows in the television and streaming content universe.
14. The Arcade Expo comes to the Museum of Pinball in Banning March 17 through 19 for a weekend of gaming, art, and the culture that surrounds this world.
15. L.A. Urban Adventures invites you to relive Old Hollywood by taking a stroll down the Hollywood Walk of Fame while stopping to hear stories about historic spots, sample drinks made famous during the Golden Age and try out local street food. Happening Tuesday and Friday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
16. The Groundlings: The Completely Different Late Show is a hilarious improv show by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company. Audience shout suggestions throughout the night for improvisational scenes performed by some of the best in the business. It’s also a testing ground for brand new material for the Groundlings’ main show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
17. The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Do you have what it takes to uncover the devious plans of the alchemist? Happening throughout the weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
18. Some of your favorite Old Pasadena restaurants, bars, and lounges will offer extended food and drink promotions as part of “Get Happy” Old Pasadena Happy Hour happening March 6 to 17.
19. Second City Tours reveals the dark side of the famed Hollywood Boulevard. The walking tour, led by an informed guide will take you through ghostly crime scenes and spooky landmarks. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
20. 2Cents Theatre Group returns for the 4th annual Female Playwright & Art Festival. The popular 3-day festival will have 100 artists from playwrights to directors to actors and street artists. Happening on March 17 to 19 at the Hudson Theatres in Hollywood.
21. The Wallis and Deaf West Theatre present Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Edward Albee’s At Home at the Zoo performing March 7-26. Check for discounted tickets this weekend before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
22. Los Angeles Fashion Week takes over the city March 16 through 19 check the schedule on their website for all happenings.
Saturday March 18th, 2017
24. Calling all wizards, witches and muggles! The first annual PotterCon Los Angeles is coming for one night only. Harry Potter fans from around Los Angeles will gather at The Echoplex for a night of Potter fun featuring a sorting hat ceremony, costume contest, a trivia game and photo booth.
25. The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles’ Nature Fest is back on March 18 and 19. Adults and kids alike will have a chance to explore, learn and interact with nature. Activities will be hosted within the museums nature gardens and led by scientists and wildlife experts.
26. Enjoy free music during Bach in the Subways a four-day celebration (March 18-21) of free performances at Union Station, Hollywood/Vine and other public venues in honor of J.S. Bach’s birthday.
27. Venice Arts is hosting a benefit party beneath a very old speakeasy called Townhouse. The party will feature complimentary whiskey tastings, appetizers and desserts from local restaurants, a silent auction, raffle prizes and other surprises.
28. The East San Gabriel Valley Cherry Blossom Festival comes to South Hills Plaza in West Covina on Saturday for a day of food, entertainment and fun!
29. Electric Dusk Drive-In, LA’s only drive-in movie will screen Shrek this Satruday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
30. Santa Anita Park celebrates St. Paddy’s Day trackside. Guests will get four 3 oz. stout tastings, a full craft beer, clubhouse admission, and access to trackside seating. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
31. The Electric Asian Night Market will host a variety of specialty food and drinks in Alhambra as well as live entertainment.
32. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening this weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
33. Spend a day at the Claremont Pie Festival! Partake in a pie tasting, there’s also a baking contest, demos, a vendor market and a meet and greet with master pie maker Kate McDermott. FREE
34. Top comics will be doing stand-up at L.A.’s legendary Comedy Store on the Sunset Strip. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
35. Plasticity is a multi-media infused one-man show that combines family drama with a thoroughly scientific investigation of neurological function to produce something unlike you’ve ever seen before., Performances take place Saturday, Sunday, and Monday evenings at the Hudson Theatres. Highly recommended!
36. The inaugural RESON8 Festival takes over Mid-City Arthouse March 18-19 for a day-to-night fest that includes deep house yoga, and open bar, live entertainment a Sound Off Silent Disco + Meditation, acro yoga and more.
37. Art Directors Guild Gallery 800 will host an opening reception for the late Seymour Klate and other artists. Free and open to the public, the reception will also host live music by the Do Drop In jazz trio. FREE
38. The 8th Annual Native American Festival returns to Shoreline Village to celebrate the vibrant traditions of Native Americans through cultural entertainment, such as storytelling, drumming, dancing, singing, art, and more. FREE
Sunday March 19th, 2017
39. Welcome springtime during the 4th Annual Cherry Blossom Festival this Sunday. The festival takes place at Huntington Beach Central Park and will feature plenty of Japanese food, taiko drums, traditional dance, crafts, games, and even an anime costume contest! FREE
40. The Skechers Performance L.A. Marathon comes to the city of L.A. for one of the largest road races on the map.
41. American Cinematheque host Sunday film screenings at the Egyptian Theatre with Planet of The Apes and The Omega Man. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
42. Take in a few laughs at the end of the weekend at Cool Beans Comedy at the Ice House in Pasadena. FREE
43. 7th Annual Adler Paddler is a free stand-up paddle race taking place in Long Beach on Sunday morning. Open to all ages. FREE
44. SHINE returns on the theme “Comeback” where storytellers tell inspiring true stories about when they were down and how they got back up and thrived. Hosted by Alan Aymie and musician Amy Rieckelman.
REALTOR® Rodeo Realty, Inc.
CalBRE #02002923 YourWestside.com